Do you know someone who needs treatment for an obsessive use of alcohol? Would you like to help a family member or colleague who is facing alcohol addiction? Alcoholism is a very dangerous disease that not only affects the immediate victim, but also his or her family and all those living around them.
There are thousands and maybe even millions of alcoholics in the United States who often try to treat themselves at home for alcoholism. However, their attempts are usually unsuccessful.
It is possible to fully recover if you seek help for the addiction from alcohol treatment centers. For many years, these substance abuse rehabilitation facilities have helped millions of other addicts regain their lives from the grasps of alcoholism to start better, brighter lives with their families and friends.
Staff members of these centers know how tough the process of recovery is for most addicts and that is why they are trained to guide the patients throughout the process.
It is not overly difficult to find an alcoholic treatment center that can suit a specific patient’s need. Every state has its own rehab facilities that cater to the local population. Many of these rehab centers offer patient-specific services, such as the 12- step program, detoxification and other individualized programs. However, the best treatment center to join is one that combines several programs because one treatment does not work for everybody.
There are so many services offered by alcoholic treatment centers. Below are some of the services that alcoholic treatment centers offer.
- Inpatient Treatment – This is a residential form of treatment provided by alcohol treatment centers. They provide care for the patient full-time to ensure that they are comfortably recovering from their problem. This kind of treatment is recognized as the best alcoholic treatment. However, it is also the most expensive.
- Individual Counseling – This is the therapy section of the treatment where patients are given advice by the specialists on how to ensure their recovery is a success. Even after recovery, they are also given guidelines on how to maintain their new found freedom from addiction. This type of counseling is only given individually.
- Group Counseling – This form of therapy involves more than one patient being treated at an alcohol treatment center. It is a very good counseling type as it enables the recovering addicts to meet and encourage one another as their treatments progress separately.
- Chemical Detoxification – This is a process carried out by the specialists to remove alcoholic contents from a person’s body. It is a critical step in the alcohol addiction treatment program.
- Aftercare Support – Once a patient has been treated and discharged from the alcoholic treatment center, the center continues to provide support for the recovering alcoholic. This helps former addicts maintain their sobriety long after their treatment is over, until they are able to stand on their own.
- Nutritional Counseling – This refers to advice given by the addiction specialists to patients on the changes they have to make on their diets in order to enable them to be stronger during and after the addiction treatment.